Federal Home Loan Bank HomeStart
Offered through a variety of partner banks.
- Provides up to $7,500 grant toward down payment and closing costs
- Forgivable after five years as long as you live in the home.
- Household income must be at 80% of area median income.
- Funds are available periodically by Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines.
Commerce Bank Grant
- Provides $1,500 in closing costs assistance
- Borrowers must be at or below area median income.
- Home being purchased must be in low-to- moderate income census tract.
Visit commercebank.com/mortgage or call 1-800-453-2265.
Missouri Housing Development Commission
- 4% down payment assistance
- Secured by a forgivable second mortgage up to 10 years.
- No first-time buyer requirement.
- Liberal income and purchase price limits.
Visit MHDC.com/homes for more information.
City of Springfield Down Payment Assistance Program
This program assists first-time homebuyers or certain displaced persons with down payment and closing cost assistance to purchase their primary residence. Funding is provided by Federal Housing and Urban Development funds for households with income less than 80% of the Springfield Median Income.
Contact the Planning Dept. at 417-864-1031.